We hope you are safe & well, and thank you for your interest & support!
As you can imagine, the publishing industry in general is getting harder with fewer advertisers and subscription models declining.
SBC Skateboard has not made money to-date, nor prior to CJ Oyster Publishing’s takeover of SBC Media in 2015, when it was declared bankrupt.
We need to break even so our team is launching a new a model:
Our Goals & Focus:
- To be the best Skateboard magazine in Canada and the world!
- Support and promote all Skateboarders and skate shops in Canada.
- Increase our subscriptions sales.
What are we doing to make this happen?
- We have added a Shop Directory to the website that we will promote as the go-to resource for anyone looking for shops in their area.
This will be updated as new shops open and available to the public at: https://sbcskateboard.com/resources/
- We are going to feature 1-2 shops in each magazine and online.
- We are including a shop section in the next magazine where you can advertise at a reduced rate.
- Each skate shop can buy a small 1/8-page ad for a nominal discounted price of $100 each which includes a listing on our Shop Directory.
- We will be offering 10 issues free to each shop, excluding mailing costs only. If shops buy 10 or more issues they will be $3.50 each plus delivery.
E.g., To ship a box of 10 or 20 magazines to Thunder Bay, the parcel will cost $15.19 for 10 and $19.24 for 20, plus tax.
Single magazine orders would be best to mail First Class and for up to 300 grams:
- (1 magazine) postage is $4.36, up to 500 grams. - (2 magazines) postage is $5.30.
- We are offering free digital flipbooks of the print magazines to all shops to share with their customers 6 weeks after magazines are mailed out.
The retail price per issues is $9.99. We encourage shops to sell these or use to generate sales, or reward your clients when they make a large purchase. We want to profile shop owners across the country as well.
Like you, we are committed to support Canadian skateboarding, and rely on you to keep SBC Skateboard #1 in Canada!